- 1 cup arrowroot
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup white clay
- ½ cup lavender buds, finely powdered
- ½ cup rose petals, finely powdered
- 200 drops of lavender or geranium essential oil
Recommended for: all skin types
Use: as desired
Prep time: approximately 20 minutes, plus 3 days for fragrance to synergize
Blending tools: large bowl and whisk or food processor, mortar and pestle store in: zip-seal plastic bag, wooden or cardboard box, tin, plastic or glass jar, or shaker container
Yield: approximately 4 cups
- Combine all ingredients except the essential oil in a large bowl or food processor.
- Stir slowly with a whisk or whirl in the food processor for 15 seconds until well blended.
- Using a mortar and pestle, combine the essential oil drop by drop with 6 or 7 tablespoons of the powder mix until the oil is absorbed.
- Add this oil mixture to the remaining powder and whisk the mixture slowly (to avoid making too much dust) or shake vigorously in a large container with a tight-fitting lid.
- If using a food processor, whirl for 15 seconds to blend.
- Store the powder in an airtight storage container in a cool, dark place for 3 days to allow the scent of the essential oil and the flowers to permeate the mixture.
- Package the powder in smaller containers if desired.
- No refrigeration is required, but for maximum fragrance and freshness, please use within 1 year.
Application tips: Apply as you would any body powder — by sprinkling or “puffing” over entire body or only certain areas.
I’d love to see pictures of your own powder if you decide to make this recipe! Be sure to tag me on Twitter!